Last modification: 8 March 2022Revision history
Transparency in privacy is about explaining in simple terms what data is collected, when, for what purpose, and who/where it may be sent to, along with the choices you have over the data flow.
There are two kinds of people whose data interacts with the service:
- Users who have created an account on the service
- Visitors of the websites that use the service
We ask of you the following information on signup:
- An email address to identify you and send you transactional emails about your account.
- An optional display name to personalise the UI, emails and humanise communication. Pseudonyms are welcome.
Like any web-based service, we will also receive the following data automatically:
- Your IP address, which is anonymised and used for rate-limiting, abuse prevention and platform usage statistics.
- Your browser type and operating system, as part of the user-agent on every request to our API.
Third Party Services
- What is sent to themAll the data you provide when using the appWhy, for what purposeTo provide the serviceHow it is transmittedData is stored end-to-end encrypted in our databaseWhere it is storedThe service is hosted in Paris, France 🇫🇷
- What is sent to themYour email address & your nameWhen it is sentWhen you checkout a paid planWhy, for what purposeTo send you payment receipts, invoices, and to reduce fraudHow it is transmittedData is sent using secure HTTPS connections to Stripe serversWhere it is storedStripe has its servers in the USA 🇺🇸
- What is sent to themYour display name, browser & system information
Your email is never sent to Sentry.When it is sentWhen you encounter errors on our websiteWhy, for what purposeFor us to reproduce the errors you encountered and follow-upHow it is transmittedData is sent using secure HTTPS connections to Sentry's serversWhere it is storedSentry has its servers in the USA 🇺🇸Opt-out is possibleYou can request your display name not to be sent with error reports